The Buzz

CHHS sponsors Business Connections

Olivia Hand, Reporter

On November 9th, 2017 Chelsea High School sponsored a Business Connections Mingle for their Career Technical Education officers, sponsors and Shelby County Businesses. This included all officers from Family Career and Community Leaders of America, Future Business Leaders of America, Future Teachers of America, SKILLS USA, and others.

The mingle began with short speeches from sponsors, and CHHS’s principle, Mr. Trucks. They all congratulated the officers for their hard work and skills.

From every organization an officer had to give a short speech about what their organization believed in, and wanted to achieve for the future of their high school leadership.

Breakfast was served the morning of the event from Chelsea Coffee House.

Many of the officers and sponsors of the Career Technical Education program got to mingle with many people from different businesses, such as big companies like Alabama Power, to small ones like Chelsea Community Center. There were many people there to discuss businesses, leadership skills, and careers to all the officers of Chelsea High School.

Chelsea High School would like to thank all who came to Business Connections Mingle.

About the Writer
Olivia Hand, Reporter

Olivia Hand is a seventeen year old journalist at the Chelsea Buzz. Olivia joined the Chelsea Buzz journalism crew because she loves writing and meeting new people. Olivia was born on May 9th, 2000. All throughout her scholarly career Olivia has always strived for excellence but is humble enough to admit that she sometimes falls short of her goal. She loves english classes, but when she heard that Chelsea High School had journalism classes she quickly jumped to participating in that class. Olivia tends to be a loud and excited speaker with a big heart. In her big heart she has a place for her two pet cats, Donna and Kitty, and pet dog, Doach. Olivia  also has a place in heart for her close friends Isabelle, Reagan, Emma Grace, and Destiny and her boyfriend of three years, James. When Olivia is not at school she spends time on her phone playing her favorite game, Paper.io or scrolling through Instagram. She is very excited to be writing her second year with The Chelsea Buzz. –written by Isabelle Browning