Chelsea students give definitions of success

Julia Gigis, Reporter

Ah, Fall, the time of the year for colorful leaves, apple cider, and college applications. It’s no surprise that this October has seniors thinking about their career paths. I sat down with some Chelsea High School upperclassmen to get some insight on their futures. I asked seven different people the same question and here are the responses I got.

Q: “What is your definition of a successful life?”

—–

A: Bianca Freeman is a senior at Chelsea High, looking forward to hearing back from Auburn University and Mississippi State University. Her opinion of a successful life is, “achieving your goals and everything you have set for yourself.”

—–

A: “Putting others before myself, finding a muse; something to live for.” Senior, Say Davis told The Buzz.

—–

A: Maria Sanchez tells us that her perspective on living life to the fullest is “completing all of my goals: having my own house, my own car, graduating from college, going to work at my dream job.” Sanchez said that her dream job isn’t completely specified, however it would involve either children or animals.

—–

A: Kayley Parmley shed some light on the topic by being quick witted and telling The Buzz that her ideal success would be “waking up and eating breakfast at an actual breakfast time rather than 4 pm.”

—–

A: “People may define being a success by being rich or famous, but really it is just financial stability. Having a family and doing what I want and not being in debt is what I envision for myself.” Junior, Daniel Villanueva, says.

—–

A: Paris Greene is hoping to venture beyond Alabama after high school by possibly returning to France after living in a multitude of places. He says that a good life “involves being happy in your own means.”

—–

A: Forensics teacher, Mr. Kirk, shares that he believes there is not a definition because success is completely subjective “you may have somebody where all they want to do is have a family whereas there might be someone else that wants to be a rocket scientist.” He also adds that “it means the journey, not the end result.” Kirk sums up that he believes he has lived a successful life because he has lived in the present.