Six Questions with Ms. Williams

Chad Davis, Reporter

One of the new faces in the classroom here at Chelsea High School is Ms. Brooke Williams, a new English Language Arts teacher. Ms. Williams is teaching 11th grade English this year. The Chelsea Buzz caught up with Ms. Williams to ask her about some of her experiences.

Q: What kind of students do you like to work with?

A: “I like to work with all students because everyone brings something different to class. You need those that like to participate in discussions and lead activities and then those that are silent hard workers. I love seeing these kinds of students mesh and work well together.”

Q: How do you help students experience success?

A: “Every student has something they are good at, so I like to focus on each individual gift and bring that out in my English class. I also try to teach and model that success is not giving up-trying your best even when it is hard”

Q: What made you decide to be a teacher?

A: “I love working with students and helping them be successful in something they didn’t think they could do. I decided that I wanted to teach after I worked at a youth group retreat over the summer; I realized that I loved working with students.”

Q: What type of students do you think you teach most effectively?

A: “I hope I can teach all students effectively. I realize that everyone learns differently, so I try to meet the needs of all learning styles and make everyone feel comfortable I challenged in my class.”

Q: How much experience do you have with teaching?

A: “I have been teaching for a year at Starkville High School in Starkville, Ms.

Q: What’s your favorite thing about teaching?

A: “My favorite thing about teaching is the students. I love working with them everyday and watch as they learn and figure out what they want to do throughout and after high school”