General Announcements 11/2/15

Wednesday, November 4th, 2015 will be a Late Start Day. Students are advised to report to school by 8:20am. Any student that arrives after 8:30 am will be tardy. The first class will begin at 8:37am. Buses will run at regular schedule times. Students’ pickup, return, and school dismissal times will not change.

Tuesday, November 3rd- Graduation Announcements will be available to order before school in the cafeteria. Students will be required to submit a $60 deposit at that time. The schedule time will be 7am-8am. The method of payment will be cash, credit card or money order. NO CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED!!!!!

Senior Quotes/Ads due ASAP

Senior Fees are due now to either Mrs. Hooper or Mrs. Trippeer. They are $65 payable to Chelsea High School.

FCCLA will be meeting tomorrow during 7th period in Mrs. Walker’s room. All members are asked to attend.

If you would like to earn money while you learn, why not try CO-Op? For prospective Co-Op students interested in a great job opportunity, with no working on weekends and great hourly pay, then DST Health Solutions could be the place for you. A field trip has been planned to tour DST facilities on Wednesday November 18th. If interested, please contact Mrs. Dora Montgomery to get information. Since there is only one bus going, this trip will be on a first come first server basis. So, come see me soon.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes is collecting item for Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes now through November 16th. We are accepting non-liquid hygiene items, small toys, school supplies, accessories, and monetary donations. Bring your items to Mrs. Murphy’s room in D03. Go on a shopping spree with $10 at dollar general to bring joy to a small child this Christmas!!!!!!!!

Any Student interested in starting up a Model UN group here, please see Mrs. Newman this week.

Students who are participating in FCCLA Beef Cook Off will need to have their food item ready to be judged Wednesday, November 4th. Please see Mrs. Walker for further details.

The Titan Learning Lab Field trip is on Tuesday, November 10th. If you can no longer attend please let Miss Clark or Mrs. Walker know. They have a waiting list of students who can fill your slot.

FBLA is collecting personal hygiene items to donate to Family Connection. Please drop off your donated items to Mrs. Hooper’s room (B02) or if you prefer monetary donation will be accepted.

Any 9th graders and 10th graders who are currently taking or have taken Career Prep Listen Up!!! If you want to know more about the classes offered at the Shelby County College and Career Center In Columbiana in areas like automotive technology, healthcare, cosmetology , or welding (just to name a few), Ms. Delaine will be taking interested students for a tour on November 9th from 8:30-10am. You will be responsible for any work missed in 1st-41th period if you chose to go!!!!!! THIS TRIP IS FREE!!!!!! Ms. Delaine is only taking the first 40 students who turn in a permission slip to the Counseling Office by the end of the day on tomorrow (Oct 30th). If interested, please come and pick up a permission slip from the Counseling office.

11th and 12th grade students. The ASVAB (Military Entrance Exam) will be administered on Thursday, November 19th at 7:30am. If you are interested in joining the military, you should sign up to take the exam. By taking the ASVAB, you are not required to join the military. You can sign up in the Counseling Center through Friday, November 13. There is no cost to you!!!!!!!