The student news site of Chelsea High School

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

CHHS athletes shine at track and field outdoor state

May 2nd through the 4th Chelsea Track and Field competed at state in Gulf Shores, Alabama for their last 7A competition.

There were 31 athletes that qualified to run (including alternates), 17 all state honors, and 2 all state champions (Ty Cason & Addison Foster). The girls team placed 5th overall with 56 points and the boys placed 9th overall with 33 points.

From the boys side we had the 4x100m relay place 3rd with Owen Key, Brandon Sims, Melo Cooper, and Eryk Brown. In the boys 4x800m relay they placed 8th with Hudson Williams, Wilbur Valencia-Nava, Conner Campbell, and Parker Campbell. For pole vault we had Wyatt Irvin place 8th over all, in boys discus Jonathan Laughlin placed 8th, in boys javelin Gabe Pendley placed 2nd, in boys long jump Brandon Sims placed 10th, in triple jump Drew Cheslock placed 12th and Raymond Bridgeman placed 15th, in the 200m Eryk Brown placed 3rd, in the 300m hurdles Owen Key placed 11th, in the 400m Owen Key placed 19th, in the 1600m Parker Campbell placed 4th, in the 3200 Parker Campbell placed 3rd, and Hudson Williams placed 10th.

From the girls side we had the 4x100m place 11th with Tamarah Rice, Kamryn Hudson, Callie Wright, and Addison Foster. The girls 4x400m placed 2nd overall with Mia Dunavant, Addison Foster, Kennedi Simpson, and Ty Cason. The girls 4x800m placed 2nd overall with Mia Dunavant, Hannah Quick, Brylee Bennett, and Ty Cason. For long jump Tamarah Rice placed 7th, for the 100m hurdles Addison Foster placed 2nd and in the 300m hurdles Addison Foster placed 1st, in the 400m Mia Dunavant placed 7th, in the 800m Ty Cason got 1st place, and Mia Dunavant got 7th place, for the 1600m Ty Cason got 3rd place.

The Chelsea Hornets had a fantastic showing at their last 7A competition and are sure to come back even stronger next season in 6A!