The student news site of Chelsea High School

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

CHHS Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Stuckey

Mrs. Ashley Stuckey is in her 12th year at Chelsea High School as the ninth grade honors Geometry teacher. The Buzz was able to speak with her and ask questions. Read below to find out what she had to say.

Chelsea Buzz: Why did you choose to teach?

Ashley Stuckey: I wanted to do something that helped make a difference in the world or in someone’s world. I love getting to help students find confidence in themselves (which is hard for some in a math class).

CB: What do you know now that you wish you knew when you began teaching?

Mrs. Ashley Stuckey teaches Math at Chelsea High School.

AS: That there is not one correct way to teach students and that it is easier to teach kids when they trust you and know you care about them.

CB: If you weren’t a teacher, what job would you have?

AS: Some type of engineer or accountant.

CB: What would your students be surprised to find out about you?

AS: This one is difficult. The only thing I can think of right now is that I have to wear my socks inside out because I hate the seam touching my toes. I know… it is weird.

Change is inevitable no matter how much you try to avoid it. You can’t stay the same forever, and you don’t want to. Change helps you grow.

— Ashley Stuckey, CHHS Math teacher

CB: What is the hardest lesson you learned growing up? Is there any advice from that lesson you can give?

AS: That change is inevitable no matter how much you try to avoid it. You can’t stay the same forever, and you don’t want to. Change helps you grow. So learn to embrace change and step out of your comfort zone… even if it is really hard.

CB: Who is someone from your childhood, teenage years, or early adulthood that you look up to? Why?

AS: My Grammy was one of my biggest role models growing up. She had the biggest heart for others and always pushed me to be a better person. Even though she is not with us anymore, she is still the person I think of when I am struggling with something or super excited. I try to imagine what advice she would give me to help me make decisions moving forward.

CB: How long have you taught at Chelsea?

AS: This is my 12th year at Chelsea

CB: Where did you go to college?

AS: Auburn University

CB: What is your favorite movie?

AS: My favorite movie changes in each season of life… so right now, I would have to say the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

CB: What is your favorite Holiday?

AS: Christmas

CB: What is your favorite animal?

AS: A puppy.

CB: If you could have any superpower what would it be?

AS: To heal people for freeze time.