Blair chosen CHHS teacher of year

Kristen Kuykendall, Buzz Staff Writer

Chelsea High School awarded one of its highest honors to ELL teacher Noemi Blair on October 10th.

Mrs. Blair, a UAB graduate, has been a teacher at Chelsea for 3 years. English Language Learners (ELL) teachers serve as language experts for the school. Their job is to evaluate, instruct, and improve English proficiency as well as serve as a resource to the school for English language concerns. Chelsea High School has had the good fortune of having Mrs. Blair as part of the faculty since 2017. 

Mrs. Blair was nominated by other faculty members within the school for this recognition. After the selection process Mrs. Blair was voted by her colleagues for teacher of the year. She explained, “An announcement was made on the intercom and the administrators presented me with flowers.” While there are no specific duties for this position Mrs. Blair plans on applying for county teacher of the year this school term. She strives to improve the school’s environment by helping “students use their skills and talents to serve our community more.”

Being awarded teacher of the year is a big accomplishment for Mrs. Blair. She said, “In my role, I strive to serve both students and teachers. My job is to support English Language Learners and this recognition tells me I am successfully serving those that need my support.” 

It is clear Mrs. Blair is passionate about helping others. She said, “I love that each day holds the possibility to make a difference in the lives of students.”

In addition to her ELL classes, she is also the sponsor for Key Club where she organizes meetings and community service activities for students. Chelsea High School is proud to say that Mrs. Blair is the representative of teacher of the year for the school.