Student Opinions on the CHS Dress Code

Anna Grace Dunn, Buzz News Reporter

As the 2018-2019 school year is nearing its end, some rules have become more enforced due to recent disruptions. Before spring break several fights occurred, resulting in the students losing their halftime privileges. When the students returned from their long break, several rules became reinforced. Many female students find the current dress code more demanding than before they left for spring break.

How do you feel about the dress code?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Q: Do you believe the dress code is more strict now than before spring break? How so?

A: “Yes, I got dress coded for leggings even if my shirt is at my mid-thigh. Students also almost always get sent to the office for wearing a skirt.” – Jasmine Fisher

Q: Have you gotten dress coded? What for?

A: “Yes, I got dress coded for shorts during 8th period and I had been wearing them all day.” – Nakia Coleman

Q: Do you think they should be more lenient since it is the end of the school year?

A: “I think they should be more lenient with dress code all year round. I think we should be able to wear Nike and off the shoulder tops.” – Regan Rauch

Q: What should we be allowed to wear? Do you feel your options are more limited?

A: “Yes my options are more limited. I feel like we should be allowed to wear shorts since it gets really hot in the spring.” – Madeleine Cargile

Q: Do you agree or disagree with the student dress code? Why?

A: “I don’t see anything wrong with it because I understand they are trying to limit distractions.” – Keishace Jackson

Q: What changes would you make to the dress code?

A: “I would allow the students to wear shorts at school and off the shoulder tops.” – Olivia Marshall