Upcoming Color guard Tryouts

Kadian Ott, Buzz News Reporter

With the school year being in the last stretch, many fall sports have began to have tryouts for the following school year, color guard being one of those sports.

Color guard can be most recognized for the performance with the band, dance team, and majorettes during the halftime performance. However, color guard also performs solo when its not marching season. When people join color guard, they don’t only become part of a team but they also get a close group of friends.

For anyone interested in becoming apart of this, upcoming tryouts for color guard will be held in the gym at 4PM on April 26th, with a mandatory tryout clinic from 3:30PM to 5:30PM through April 22nd to April 25th, also in the gym. In addition, there will be a mandatory meeting for parents at Chelsea High School on April 4th at 6PM. For those who want to further their ability before tryouts, there will also be an optional Skills Clinic on April 18th in the gym from 3:30PM to 5:30PM. For those who are interested, there is a classroom for tryouts that will keep you updated on any changes. The class code for that is wbsna7.

When sophomore Alyssa Lowe was asked why she is deciding to tryout she stated, “I find it as a way to express yourself just like dance and music. Color guard is also something I’ve wanted to do for awhile, I think it’s a very unique art, because it takes a lot to handle the flag and control it. It’s just something I’d love to partake in because of my love of art and I find it as another art form!”