Chelsea Baseball gets two blowout wins against John Carroll Catholic

Sam Hairston, Buzz Sports Reporter

On March 16 the Chelsea High School Baseball Varsity team traveled to John Carroll High School to play a double header. The first game played was at 11 a.m. and the second at 1 p.m. Chelsea baseball played very well and finished both games with shutout wins.  The whole team overall played very well together and competed hard against this John Carroll team. These two big wins still leaves Chelsea at just a 9-5 overall but with this kind of outcome in these games it shows that once the Hornets are playing well they cannot be stopped.

Starting with batting in the first game, Carter Frederick hit very well. He had 4 at bats, 3 hits, 3 rbis, and 2 runs scored in the first game. Batting was a key factor in the amount of scoring that the Hornets scored in both of the games. For pitching in the first game, Jacob Tinnell finished the game off with 6 strike-outs, 1 hit allowed, and 0 runs allowed. The final score of the game was 10-0 Chelsea. Though this was a blowout score the second game was way better.

In batting throughout the second game against John Carroll, Jacob Boyle had a great game. With 2 at-bats, 3 runs, 1 hit and 2 rbis he tied with Turner Griffin for most runs scored on the team. Connor Ball also did really good with 2 at bats, 2 hits and 2 runs. In pitching in the second game J.T. McGregor pitched the best on the team with 51 pitches and 31 strikes, he also had two strikeouts. The final score of this game was 14-0 Chelsea.

Overall Chelsea played very well in both of these games and shows how good they really are. With these two blowout and shutout wins, this should show the fans and the players what their potential is and hopefully gives them some motivation going into the rest of the season.