Daily Announcements: November 7, 2018

Congrats to Ms. Bizjak – CHHS Teacher of the Year candidate for the Greater Shelby County Chamber of Commerce Teacher of the Year

National French Week: Submit your answer to Ms. B. Montgomery in room F101 before the end of 6th period

Quiz: The desert scenes from Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope were filmed in which French-speaking African country?

Theater will present the Wizard of Oz – Friday @ 12:30pm, Friday evening @ 7pm, Saturday afternoon @ 2pm and Saturday evening @ 7pm – tickets $5

Academics

Fall Semester Exam Schedule: Fall 18 Exam Schedule

TUTORING IN EINSTEIN LAB

Tuesdays: Peer Helpers

Wednesdays: NHS/Foreign Language

Thursdays: Mu Alpha Theta

Fridays: Beta Club

Athletics

Basketball hosts Vestavia Hills Thursday – games start @ 4:30pm

Cross Country State Meet is Saturday, November 10 @ Jesse Owens Park – Good Luck!!!

Clubs

FCA: meets Thursday mornings in the gym at 7:10. Come for games, food and fellowship. We would love to see you there!

Medical Club: For those who want to join the medical club, we have a classroom.  Please join using the code iub39k6 for announcements.

Robotics: Any student who is interested in joining the Robotics team, please come see Mr. Huddleston (2nd floor of new building).  We have several open spots – apply soon!

General Information

Attention: 11th and 12th Grade Students – The ASVAB (Military Entrance Exam) will be administered on Thursday, November 15 at 7:45. If you are interested in joining the military, you are required to take this exam. By taking the ASVAB, you are not required to join the military. You can sign up in the Counseling Center through Friday, November 9. There is no cost to you!

All Sports Passes for CHHS students are $50 – please see Coach Stallings for more information

Girls’ soccer fundraiser – We are selling Rtic 30 oz ramblers for $20 See Google Classroom for image.  Make checks payable to Chelsea High School. Thank you for your support!!

Anyone have a ping pong table that you need to move out of the house?  Our PE Rec classes can use any extras. Contact Coach Neaves: [email protected]

First Priority gathers every Tuesday @ 7:10 in room E106. Everyone is welcome to join us!

PALS is selling long sleeve t shirts during half time in the lobby. Shirts are comfort color and $20.00 The shirts will be on sale from 11/5-11/16.