Hornets lag behind in region standings

Sam Hairston, Buzz Sports Reporter

This football season had been off to a difficult start for the Hornets by going 0-5 so far. This week is a bye week, and in my opinion will give us a better chance to win next week. Next week we will be playing Helena at home so this off week will give us some extra time to prepare and hopefully get our first win of the season.

Chelsea is 0-3 in Class 6A, Region 5 games this season by losing to Carver, Jackson Olin, and Pelham. Our next three games of the season will also be region games against Helena, Homewood, and Minor.

As far as the rest of the region goes Jackson Olin has had the best season by going 5-0. They are 3-0 in the region winning to Minor, Chelsea, and Carver High schools. The other region games that they play this year will be Pelham, Helena, and Homewood. So it will be interesting to see how this undefeated team will play during the rest of the season.

Carver High school is 3-1 for the season and 1-1 in their region. Their region win was against Chelsea and their loss against Jackson Olin.

Helena is 0-4 for the season and 0-2 in the region. Their region losses were against Homewood and Minor.

Homewood is not doing bad by going 3-1 for the season and 2-0 in their region. Their region wins were against Pelham and Helena.

Minor is 2-3 for the season and 2-1 for their region. Their region wins were against Pelham and Helena and their region loss was against Jackson Olin High school

Lastly, the Pelham Panthers are 3-2 for the season and 1-2 for their region. Their win for their region was against Chelsea and their losses in the region were against Homewood and Minor.

Some of the Region 5 teams are having good season while others are not. It  is important for Chelsea to win these region games to not only make us look like a better team but to also have a chance to get into the playoffs.