Daily Announcements: September 12, 2018

PINK OUT shirts are available from the SGA – shirts must be pre-ordered by September 17th.  All sizes are available and are $15. Our Pink Out game is Thursday, October 4th versus Helena.  Proceeds benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama. Pink Out 18

Congrats to Volleyball for their sweep of Alexandria and Tuscaloosa County – we host Helena Thursday @ 5pm in our Area Match

Tennis tryouts will be September 24-27. Please see Mrs. Martin or Mr. Ganus for more information. Sign up on Google classroom with code – so98sl.

Out of the Blue Show Choir Band and Crew is looking for dependable people to fill the following positions for the 2019 Competition Show Season beginning in late December and continuing through February: Bass guitar, Lead guitar, Rhythm guitar, Drummer, Auxiliary keys player, Auxillary percussion,Trumpets, Alto Saxes, Tenor Saxes, and Trombones, crew positions. Auditions/interviews will be held after school on Thursday, September 27th in the choir room. Application forms are available on the choir room door. These must be completed and turned in by Sept. 26th. Forms and Sign ups are on the choir room door. Please see Mrs. Dick for questions.

Class of 2021: Sophomore Spirit Pack Order Forms & $20 due to Mrs. Stuckey (B111) or Mrs. Lee (111) by Friday, September 14th. (Details on google classroom)

FCA: We will meet Thursday mornings in the gym at 7:10. Come for games, food and fellowship. We would love to see you there!

Football @ Jackson-Olin Friday, September 14th – 1300 Avenue F Ensley, Birmingham, AL 35218

Advanced Math Team Sign-up with Mrs. Martin. Practice begins Friday during Halftime.

Coaches’ Show Tuesdays @ 6pm @ Applebee’s – broadcast on http://www.kool969.org/

Debate: Any student who is interested in speech or debate events this year, please see Mrs. Newman in E103 to get the Google Classroom code. The Vestavia Novice Speech and Debate Tournament is Sept. 22 and students need to start preparing. The PF and LD topics have been posted on Google Classroom Debate/Model UN group and on the NSDA website.

Robotics: Any student who is interested in joining the Robotics team, please come see Mr. Huddleston (2nd floor of new building).  We have several open spots – apply soon!

PALS: Peer Assisted Learning Supports – please check Google Classroom for exciting news on an upcoming event.

All Sports Passes for CHHS students are $50 – please see Coach Stallings for more information

Medical Club: For those who want to join the medical club, we have a classroom.  Please join using the code iub39k6 for announcements.

Girls’ soccer fundraiser – We are selling Rtic 30 oz ramblers for $20 See Google Classroom for image.  Make checks payable to Chelsea High School. Thank you for your support!!

CAR WASH!! The girls’ soccer team will have a car wash Saturday September 8, 2018 from 9 AM to 12 noon at the Advanced Auto Parts on 280 near Applebee’s.  Please come out and support the soccer team.

Class of 2020 information about class rings is available from your English teacher – vendor will take orders before school September 14th

Anyone have a ping pong table that you need to move out of the house?  Our PE Rec classes can use any extras. Contact Coach Neaves: [email protected]

First Priority gathers every Tuesday @ 7:10 in room E106. Everyone is welcome to join us!

Community Service Hours: Mt Laurel Renaissance Faire on September 28th from 4pm-9pm. The sign up sheet is in the counseling office.

Shelby County College Fair (for seniors) will be held Monday, October 1st at the University of Montevallo. If you are interested in attending you can find the permission slip on Google Classroom Class of 2019. Forms must be returned to Ms. Fowler by Monday, September 17th.

FBLA:

Sept. 9 – Permission forms for FBLA Celebration picnic are due.

Sept. 10 – Membership form and $30 fee are due.

Sept. 13 – 10:00am Officer installation in auditorium (all members should attend)

11:30am Celebration Picnic at Chelsea Rec Park

Attention Juniors and Seniors: If you are interested in being on the Varsity Scholars’ Bowl team, please see Mrs. Wicks in room 115 before Monday, September, 17th to sign the interest list and pick up an information sheet.