CHHS clubs provide pathway to involvement

Nakia Coleman, Buzz News Reporter

As a school with more than 20 clubs, Chelsea High is paving a way for its students to get involved. Almost any club a student could imagine joining, Chelsea provides. There are clubs for all students with many different interests.

One such club is the Robotics Team for the students who love science and building things up to make them work.

Additionally, Chelsea has four different honor societies: National, French, Spanish, and Mu Alpha Theta (math). Chelsea’s choir teacher Mrs. Dick and band teacher Mr. Lawley plan to add a Music Honor Society to the school’s long list of clubs.

Two new clubs coming to Chelsea this year are the Medical Club and P.A.L.S (Peer Assisted Learning Supports). Many students have already jumped on the idea of being apart of these clubs.

Some of the most popular clubs at school are Key Club, FBLA, FCA, FCCLA, and FTA. These clubs all serve the save purpose which is to serve the community but also to prepare students for their future career paths.

Beta Club and National Honor Society are clubs that recognize the scholarly students at the school, typically the GPA requirement is a 3.8. Scholars Bowl, Math Team, and the Speech & Debate Team are clubs that travel and compete against other schools around the Birmingham area.

Class Officers, SGA, Ambassadors, and Peer Helpers all have the same objective. These students represent the school and their classes. They also come together to think of ideas that could help better the school.

Overall, Chelsea High has a wide variety of club choices that could fit any student. Providing a safe place for students to share their interests with others is great goal for this school.