Oak Mountain rolls past Chelsea

Sam Hairston, Buzz Sports Reporter

On Friday night Oak Mountain High School played Chelsea High School at the Oak Mountain Eagles Stadium. The home team came out on top, with the Eagles knocking off the Hornets 42-9.

The first quarter was back and forth with no scoring; in the middle of the quarter a fumble was caused by Chelsea. This was the first turnover of the game.

At the beginning of the second quarter, Oak Mountain scored their first touchdown. In the middle of the quarter Oak Mountain scores their second touchdown on the Hornets.

Oak Mountain ended up scoring a total of three touchdowns in the second quarter alone. Shortly after that Oak Mountain scored an incredible sideline catch to go up 28-0.

In the third quarter Oak Mountain scored another touchdown. Chelsea was not looking so good at this point in the game. But our amazing fans were determined to see a point on the board. Then at the end of the third quarter Chelsea scored their first points of the game by getting a safety. However, just after that score by the Hornets, Oak Mountain scored their sixth touchdown of the game at the very end of the third quarter.

A cheer of excitement came from the student section when Chelsea scored their first touchdown of the game with nine minutes to go in the fourth on a touchdown pass from Turner Griffin to Andrew Bartlewski, which was the final scoring in the game.

Chelsea returns to action this week when they host Briarwood Christian at 7:00 on Friday.