Daily Announcements – August 24, 2018

Afternoon Activity – Pep Rally – we will dismiss by grade level

Football @ Oak Mountain tonight @ 7pm – Heardmont Park – 5458 Cahaba Valley Rd, Birmingham, AL 35242

Advanced Math Team Sign-up with Mrs. Martin. Practice begins Friday during half-time.

Coaches’ Show Tuesday night @ 6pm @ Applebee’s – broadcast on http://www.kool969.org/

FTA: Sign up for Future Teachers of America Club tomorrow (Tuesday) and Wednesday during Half-Time in the pod at the end of the Fine Arts Hall (where band and choir are located). Pick up an application and something sweet! First meeting is next Friday, August 31st during the 2nd half of Half-Time in the Choir Room. Completed application and $30 dues are due at the first meeting. If you have questions, see Mrs. Dick.

Boys Soccer tryouts Tuesday, August 21 – Friday, August 24 3:30-5pm  See Coach Miller for information in Room B114

Debate: Any student who is interested in speech or debate events this year, please see Mrs. Newman in E103 to get the Google Classroom code. The Vestavia Novice Speech and Debate Tournament is Sept. 22 and students need to start preparing. The PF and LD topics have been posted on Google Classroom Debate/Model UN group and on the NSDA website.

Robotics: Any student who is interested in joining the Robotics team, please come see Mr. Huddleston (2nd floor of new building).  We have several open spots – apply soon!

PALS: Peer Assisted Learning Supports – interested in developing partnerships with students of different abilities?  See Ms. Lovelace in Room 203 for more information.

All Sports Passes for CHHS students are $50 – please see Coach Stallings for more information

Key Club-Anyone interested in joining Key Club may see Mrs. Blair or visit the following link with information on joining: https://sites.google.com/shelbyed.org/chelseahighschoolkeyclub/home  Deadline for membership forms and dues is August 31st. Meetings to announced through Key Club Google Classroom page.

Spanish Club meeting Friday, August 24 – 2nd half of Halftime in Sra. Kortright’s room

Medical Club: if interested in joining the medical club, please see Mrs. Roper in room 409

Girls’ soccer fundraiser – We are selling Rtic 30 oz ramblers for $20 See Google Classroom for image.  Make checks payable to Chelsea High School. Thank you for your support!!

The Senior Class Officer ballot is posted in the Class of 2019 Google Classroom. Please vote by Wednesday at 3:00. The form will close at that time.

Makeup Senior Portraits will be Monday, August 27th

Senior Portrait Proofs shared in lobby during Halftime

Class of 2020 information about class rings will be shared Tuesday, August 28th during halftime

Auditions for The Wizard of Oz coming up on Sept. 4th and 5th after school.  Information is available outside Ms. Gardner or Mrs. Dick’s classroom .