The Greatest Showman comes to Chelsea

Brie Lee, Buzz News Reporter

The Greatest Showman is going to be played for Chelsea’s half-time!

The Greatest Show is a musical that came out in December of 2017. It is a musical that takes place in the 1850’s and ‘60’s, telling the story of P.T Barnum and his dream of making a world filled with bright colors and acceptance of all people, no matter if they’re rich or poor. P.T Barnum decides to start a circus filled with amazing outcasts with unnatural abilities, and grows farther and farther away from his family and fellow outcasts as the dark influence of riches and fame takes hold.

Did you like "The Greatest Showman"?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

When he comes to his senses and realizes how his selfishness has affected everyone around him, he leaves his line to fame, a flirty singer named Jenny Lind, vowing that “From now on, these eyes will not be blinded by the light”

The Chelsea band has worked extremely hard, sweating all during the summer and during after-school hours to bring to you all this show. The band was very excited to play this at their very first game against Oak Mountain. During an interview with Principal Trucks before the football game, he said “I am looking forward to the band’s performance every Friday night.”

He also stated how well he felt that the band would perform against the Oak Mountain band. ” I am sure the band will do an outstanding job… And I hope that Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron will make an appearance sometime during the season”

While, unfortunately, these two stars did not show up to the game last Friday, the band did perform the show very well.

The band director, Mr. Perry Lawley, said his opinion two days after the football game against Oak Mountain. Lawley said “The band did an outstanding job on their first performance. It’s always scary to perform at the first game, and performing at an away stadium adds more challenge, but the students overcome all of that and performed quite well.”

So, next time you’re at a football game, stick around for the half-time show instead of running off in search of snacks. Watch the bands playing, and think of how hard they have worked to provide entertainment for half-time. And if you happen to be at a Chelsea game, watch and enjoy “The Greatest Show”!