Reminder – Medications at CHHS

     The end of the school year is here. In an effort to prepare for the upcoming school year, would you please assist us in the following areas:

  • Please pick up and sign for any unused medication which still remains in the health room on May 26, 2017. You will need to sign it out in the health room to take home. If your child requires medications at school for the upcoming school year, you may access the Shelby County web site to obtain the Parent/Prescriber Medication Authorization forms.  The steps to obtain the form at the web site are:

***click on Parents or Students on the main web page

***click on Student Health Services under Information

***click on Parent/Prescriber Medication Authorization Form

  • Any student OTC medications not picked up by parents at the end of the school year will be destroyed in accordance with the Shelby County Board of Education medication policy and procedures.
  • Remember you need a new Medication Prescriber/Parent Authorization Form for all medications (except diabetic medications) given at school for 2017/2018 school year (prescription or over the counter meds).

Thank you for assisting us in making the beginning of the upcoming school year as smooth a process as possible. Have a wonderful, fun-filled, safe summer vacation!