Sad News

February 13, 2018

Dear Chelsea Family,

We are saddened to receive news this morning of the death of Hunter Jones, a 12th grader at Chelsea High School.  This has been a difficult day for our students, faculty, and staff.

We shared the news with students today.  Counselors are available to help our students and faculty cope with this tragedy.  We will continue to have counseling to assist our students in the coming days.

Hunter’s death may bring up many questions for our students about life, death, and grieving.  As you aware, we are a small, close community; therefore, this loss impacts all of us, even those who may not have been close to Hunter.  The passing of a peer, often brings varied reactions from children.  Any reaction is normal in the grief process and can range from withdrawal, to crying, and/or anger.  We encourage you to openly discuss with your child their reactions and feelings regarding the death of Hunter Jones.  Please assure them these symptoms are normal.  However, if they persist or become intense, please inform your child’s teacher or our school counselors.

We will keep you informed about arrangements as they become available.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school at 205.682.7200.

We know you will join us in our concern and sympathy for the family.

Sincerely,

Wayne Trucks

Principal

Chelsea High School