Students enjoy an amazing Homecoming week

Luke Miller, Chelsea Buzz Reporter

Homecoming week is a fun and exciting time for high school students around the country.

At Chelsea High School, Homecoming festivities are in full swing. There are many opportunities for students to get involved in different activities.

Every day throughout the week, each class is given a designated dress up theme. On Monday, it was holiday themed, so the freshmen wore St. Patrick’s Day attire, the sophomores wore Halloween costumes, the juniors dressed up for Valentine’s Day, and the seniors wore Christmas themed outfits.

On Tuesday, we had a traditional theme. There were the “Fratty Freshmen,” “Sporty Sophomores,” “Junior Juniors,” and “Senior Seniors.”

Way-back Wednesday gave us kings and queens outfits for freshmen, pirate costumes for sophomores, cavemen clothes for juniors, and toga outfits for seniors.

On Thursday, the theme was decades. The freshmen wore neon for the future. The sophomores dressed up for the ‘60s. The juniors wore ‘70s outfits, and the seniors decked themselves in ‘80s attire.

Friday will cap off the dress up days with Class Colors. The freshmen will wear gray, sophomores white, juniors blue, and seniors black.

Overall, the participation has been fantastic. There have been so many cool outfits throughout the week, and the students love dressing up to show their school spirit. And that’s only one aspect of the amazing fun students have during Homecoming week.

On Monday, students in every grade volunteered to stay after school and decorate the halls. Each hallway featured balloons, streamers, signs, posters, banners, and more, showing off the spirit of each class.

The annual Student vs. Faculty Volleyball Game was held in the gym Wednesday afternoon. Each grade formed their own team of students, and they each took turns taking on the team of teachers and staff. In the end, only the seniors were able to defeat the faculty, but the event was a lot of fun for everyone involved.

Many students from each grade level gathered around a bonfire at the highschool Thursday night to show their school spirit and have fun with their friends. Everyone in attendance had a great time.

Friday morning, Class Olympics will take place. Students in each grade level will compete in various competitions, including tug of war, a 3-point contest, dizzy bat, dodgeball, and more. In the afternoon, students from each grade will take part in Class Clash. Throughout the week, these students choreographed a dance routine to show off to the school. At Class Clash, they will perform these dances, which will then be judged and a winner determined.

At the end of the school day on Friday, the Homecoming Pep Rally will be held in the gym. Everyone in the school will attend, cheering and clapping as the band, cheerleaders, majorettes, and dancers perform and show their Hornet spirit. At the end of the pep rally will be one of the most traditional and most anticipated events of Homecoming. It is the announcement of the Homecoming King and Queen.

A couple weeks ago, students were asked to fill out a google form nominating four senior girls and four senior guys for Homecoming King and Queen. This week, another form was sent out revealing the nominees and asking students to vote for who they think should get the crown. The nominees for Homecoming Queen are Anna Kate Brown, Alyssa Parker, Lexi Redd, and Finley Walker. For Homecoming King, the nominees are Jaeden Bennett, Noah Dimon, Jackson Laughlin, and Keegan Valentine.

Homecoming Queen nominee Anna Kate Brown had very positive things to say about her fellow nominees.

“I am not really nervous. I think every single person on senior court is amazing and deserves to win, so there really is no bad outcome!” Brown said.

When asked about her decision to try to be Homecoming Queen this year, Brown said, “It was more spontaneous for me. I decided since it’s my senior year I may as well be involved. Homecoming week is also one of my favorite weeks of the year, so doing this just makes it more fun.”

Friday night, our football team will take on the Thompson Warriors in the Homecoming football game. The game will be at 7 p.m. and will take place at Chelsea High School.

Saturday night, Homecoming week will be capped off with the Homecoming Dance at the Chelsea Community Center. The dance will be from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Students from each class will show up dressed in their nicest outfits and will celebrate an amazing week of Homecoming festivities.

Homecoming 2022 has so far been a success at Chelsea High School. There has been amazing participation from the whole student body, and the school is buzzing with Hornet pride.