Daily Announcements: May 3, 2019

Congrats to Nia Simone Cummings – CTEC Family and Consumer Science student of the Year!

Congrats to Nicholas Ulderich – CTEC Automotive Technology Student of the Year!

Congrats to Ms. Motley – Shelby County Schools Career and Technical Education Teacher of the Year!

Students who have not completed AP demographics need to see Ms. Delaine ASAP

Beta Club inductions are today during Halftime

AP Exam information is posted in the AP Google Classrooms

Semester Exam information is posted in grade level Google Classrooms

Out of the Blue auditions – Saturday, May 11th – 8:30am-1pm – audition fee $25

SENIORS please make sure that you are checking Google Classroom on a regular basis for scholarship opportunities.

Academics

TUTORING IN EINSTEIN LAB

Tuesdays: Peer Helpers

Wednesdays: NHS/Foreign Language

Thursdays: Mu Alpha Theta

Fridays: Beta Club

Athletics

Softball finished 2nd in the Area Tournament and advanced to Regionals next week in Oxford

Girls’ Soccer defeated Opelika last night and advanced to the State semi-finals next week

Baseball split with Russell County yesterday and play an elimination game today @ 5pm @ Russell County

Track continues to compete in the State Meet today and Saturday in Gulf Shores – Teanna Cason finished 5th in the 1600 meters

Boys Basketball Evaluations will begin Monday, May 13th – if interested see Coach Baumbaugh

Interested in Volleyball? More information is available:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEyWE5VakFndiUTfn40QTInlCwuMI5WCOTpsIJquoAKOK6Vw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Clubs

FCA: meets Thursday mornings in the gym at 7:10. Come for games, food and fellowship. We would love to see you there!

General Information

Visit “The Hive” for all of your basic school store needs! – C.Clark’s Room, C04.  Featured Products: Poster Boards, Highlighters, Index Cards, Colored Pencils, Dividers

Senior Fees are $70 and due to Ms. Trippeer or Mr. Crabtree

Anyone have a ping pong table that you need to move out of the house?  Our PE Rec classes can use any extras. Contact Coach Neaves: gneaves@shelbyed.org

First Priority gathers every Tuesday @ 7:10 in room E106. Everyone is welcome to join us!